Saturday, September 27, 2014

Picture Day, 2014

One of my favorite days of the year is school picture day!  The bright smiles, the combed hair (especially the boys) - you can feel memories in the making.  The kids all seem to enjoy their moment in front of the camera.
Kindergarten Students coming in for pictures.
These pictures are rarely the pieces of perfection we wish they could be, yet their ability to capture a moment in time makes them a worthy memento, even when they are goofy.  I have some of my son's pictures stored in a safe place so that one day I can share them with his children, just as my sisters have taken no small amount of delight in sharing pictures of me with him.
Getting ready for the big moment.
I will say that I was very pleased with the staff from O'Connors and their attention to detail.  They really spent time making each child feel safe, while chasing down those last minute fly-away hairs.  I am looking forward to seeing how the pictures turned out.
Grade 4 Class Photo